Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The MET Gala 2012


I had a dream last night, it was the most amazing dream.  I was at the 2012 MET Gala.  I was wearing DVF and I was walking down the red carpet, squinting my eyes from all of the flashing cameras.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Diane herself standing right next to me.  She asked to take a picture together, I said yes, my pleasure.  We smiled and posed and walked into the Gala together.

OK YES I AM DREAMING.  Wow....  What I would do to be at the most amazing, extravagant, historical, fashion event of the year.

Who knows, maybe one day. :)


The Gala, hosted annually by Vogue,  is considered by many to be the best fashion event of the year.  Starting in 1948, it has become a top social event for the socialites and celebrities of New York City.  Anna Wintour, of Vogue manages the guest list.  Tickets for this event range anywhere from $5000 to $15000 dollars!!  Each year there is a new theme and this year the Gala welcomed "Impossible Conversations" to the Metropolitan Museum.

Here is my best dressed list from good to great:


Chloe Sevigny in Mui Mui.
Very 60's Gogo Girl - something inside of me loves it.


Dakota Fanning in Louis Vuitton.
Understated elegance.  The texture is to die for.


Heidi Klum in Escada.
First off Heidi is killing it!  Check out that floor length lace with a slit.  I must note that Heidi is wearing over 185 carat's of Lorraine Schwartz!!


Diane Kruger in Prada.
This dress literally makes my mouth water.  My mind is racing so fast trying to imagine where in the world I could where a dress like this!! The color does it and she is styled to perfection.  Hint:  Gorgeous necklace, simple bracelet, and contrasting clutch.


Carrie Mulligan in Prada.
I had to show the front and back of this dress - the back practically makes the looks.  Speechless, Flawless, Perfection.


Jaime King in Topshop.
Topshop?  Yes! Topshop!  It is always so exciting to see affordable designers show up on the runway because it makes me think, hmmm, I could do that!  Giniffer Goodwin wore Topshop to the 2011 MET Gala.  I really do enjoy the color of this dress and the way that it was styled with the geometric clutch and embellished choker.  



***From here on it gets GREAT!
Lily Collins in Valentino.
WOW! Where to start?  First off, the berry lip and tiny bow belt are adorable!  The sheer lace over the pale floral slip and the movement in the skirt is just too romantic for her own good.  This is a pure work of art.  I also love that she wore her hair up in a simple bun to show off the mini mock neck made of lace.  


Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren.
This dress is heavenly.  The sheer shoulder detail is magical and it creates this look that the dress is glued to her body.  It has the illustration of sequins and sparkle without going overboard (like so many of the red carpet dresses this year.)  The dark burgundy lip is such a great edgy contrast with ever elegant gown.  Way to go Camilla and Ralph! 


Giniffer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier.
Giniffer is a diva.  She consistently rocks the red carpet.  The contrast of colors with her lightly tanned skinned, extra dark hair, and punch of color is effortlessly chic.  I love that she let the dress (and that NECKLINE) speak for itself by keeping her accessories and makeup minimal.



Gwyneth Paltro in Prada.
Gwyneth how old are you??  She pulls this off FLAWLESSLY.  How does she do it? is all I can think. Ultra short mini with asymmetric hem, satin dress which I am sure is very unforgiving, extreme side cleavage that is subtly sexy - she is a rockstar to say the least!


**Just had to show her shoes.  Gwyneth hands down wins Best Shoes of the Night Award!  Dreamy.


Emma Stone in Lanvin.
Emma Stone has transformed into a major style icon.  The past few years she has figured something out because she is now setting the trends.  This Lanvin ensemble is absolutely stunning.  The color, shape, and TEXTURE are to die for.  But I have to add the way that she styled this piece is the reason that I think she was Best Dressed of the Night.  

Her adorable updo is complimented by a simple yet fun hair accessory that give a very youthful feel.  She is not wearing earrings, bracelets, a necklace, anything!  Which I think is perfect because she is truly letting the dress speak for itself yet complimenting the amazing detail with a great platform black pump.  Emma is rocking her fun look with a great smile.  

She is BEST DRESSED OF THE NIGHT!! Gorgeous.




No comments:

Post a Comment